• The olive branch symbolizes peace and forgiveness. In Christian tradition, the olive is a symbol of peace and it was an olive branch which the dove brought back to Noah when the Flood was over.
• The Shepherd’s staff is a symbol of compassion, protection and leadership. The shepherd uses his staff to watch and guide his flock. His/Hers devotion to the flock demonstrates the shepherd’s patience and compassion.
• The open book corresponds to knowledge, the love of knowledge, the willingness to learn and the institution of learning.
• The dove is the universal symbol for innocence and deliverance. Religiously, the dove is also a symbol of the soul and of the Holy Spirit. In this respect it also signifies peace, gentleness and purity.
• The mustard tree demonstrates exponential potential.The mustard seed, although so tiny, provides us with a large, sprawling, sturdy tree at maturity. Its branches provides refuge and security. There are a few parables about the mustard seed in the Bible. One includes:
The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed which a man took and planted; it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches. [Matt 13:31-32 RSV]
• The yellow cross demonstrates our faith, Christianity and the unity of heaven and earth.
• Our school is now published in Our Kids magazine! We are proud to be part of a community of private schools, in a publication devoted to the betterment of education for children.